So, you guys can’t get me off of sports (LOL)… But in a serious note, I’ve really looked forward to this project and can’t wait to showcase it in this project.
- Bangkok, Thailand is the capital and the most populous city in Thailand with a population of 14,626,225.
- Best known for The Grand Palace, tuk tuks, Pad Thai, floating markets, and Thai massage.
- Home to 12.6 percent of the country’s population
- Known as “The Big Mango”
- Also known as the “City of Angels” due to moving the capital from Thonburi
- HOT. Usual average temp of 86 in “Warm” Season and an average temp of 77 in “Cool” Season
- When its hot, it causes lots of rain through Bangkok as it averages around 60 inches annually.
- Wat Arun
- The Grand Palace
- Chang Building
- Wat Benchamabophit
Type Trials/Black and White
The city of Bangkok, Thailand is a city based mostly around religion and somewhat architecture. My concept for this Olympic Bid was to implement both the element of religion and architecture in this logo. I simplified the Wat Arun building in the city because it is what most people believe the most important religious building in Bangkok. I used a color palette that represented a sunrise/sunset because Wat Arun is personified with radiations of the rising sun. I used the font Good Times and used it all caps for contrasting purposes.